Skip to main content

Haiti update 4









Haiti partners,

I’m excited to report we are on our way! We have a 16+ hour drive to ft. lauderdale, FL ahead of us.

I, Bronson, am looking forward to seeing how this time is used to refresh my commitments to evangelism and discipleship.

Amber is excited about...sleeping at the moment πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜œ. (I wish I could sleep like she can in a car!)

 Please pray for protection for us,  as the enemy hates the spread of the Gospel;  we are engaging in warfare of the deadliest kind, spiritual!

“Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm.” Ephesians 6:10-13

Thanks for your continued support,

Bronson & Amber Simmons










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Church's Ongoing Pandemic

Photo Credit  People don’t go to church for a lot of reasons, but a Christian without a church is a Christian in trouble. Sadly, the number of professing Christians is far larger than the number who attend weekly meetings. Many churches experienced an acceleration of this trend during Covid as well: professing Christians have returned to school, work, and leisure, but have not returned for regular church gatherings. Why? Everyone is a unique case in the specifics, but there are trends we see in the wake of the pandemic: people have elevated political and medical (mask & vaccine) opinions over faith commitments and demoted their faith so it is not the primary identity marker in their life. What does this mean for the church? Is it doomed? I don’t think so, but Christians need to rediscover that the church can have different political and medical opinions, but still love each other, be on mission, and gather for Jesus. Christians need to remember that the fact that Jesus died on th

August 2019: Another Semester Begins...Everywhere!

This is a monthly update for family and friends about the life of Bronson and Amber. It does not always make it to Facebook, so if you want it in your inbox, send me your email! New & Exciting Late August we started back with Wednesdays at church for all ages. We are covering the Apostles Creed this fall with the youth. There are some who have already memorized it! The Lord has blessed us recently with growth: We started strong with a record breaking attendance on the first night! We are trying to pioneer a new ministry on Wednesday with a Young Adults group! If you know of a young adult in Oldham, KY, I would love to connect them to Jesus and to our church community! This school semester has started for both Amber and Myself. She started teaching school again and is also enrolled in a Seminary Wives Institute class about interpreting the Bible. I started the first semester of my last year in this (MDiv) program. I am taking the classes: Exegesis of Isaiah, Theology of S

April & May 2020 - Birthday, Baby Showers, Nesting, and Building Projects

Hey Family and Friends, Writing about life has been hard for two reasons lately: 1) we are cooped up and there isn't much variation in our life - like many of you are experiencing. 2) We don't know what is next. People often ask what is next because I finished my degree, but I don't have answers. I am thankful for my current job and I'm not "itching to get out of town." We are taking one day at a time and praying about what might be next. I am considering a PhD and also a part time teaching job. Life surely isn't all uncertainty and routine though - here are a few highlights: This meme spoke to meπŸ˜ƒ Graduation/Birthday I had my 30th Birthday in April and graduated Seminary shortly after! I am relieved and also excited about what plans the Lord has for us next. On my birthday, I received many wonderful celebration videos and texts, but this one made me laugh quite a a bit: Family Bible Time Pastor Don and I have been making weekl